Friday, April 1, 2011

Design elements I love

I've been exploring my growing love of design since starting my job at my church and working on the newsletter but especially so over the last few weeks.

Fonts are my favourite part of design. I love getting the right font to capture the subject matter of a uni assignment or express the theme of a story in the display font I use on the title of the draft. And don't even start about Comic Sans!

My next love is colour. Finding a collection of colours that fit together just right is so satisfying. But then I often get frustrated in the search for 'original' colours to differentiate my work from the stuff I've done before.

Clean lines are gorgeous. I think this leads me to love neat-and-tidy fonts such as Century Gothic. As a contrast, I also enjoy antique-inspired shapes and flourishes, including beautiful architecture.

No comments: